Cypress Gas Price Adjustment Announcement | by Klaytn | klayton | March 2022
Over the past few months, the Klaytn team and the community have gone a long way to identify the problem of spam transactions, apply technical mitigations, and build consensus through surveys and AMAs.
Based on the support of our community, the Klaytn team is pleased to announce the gas price adjustment plan, including the adjusted gas price, gas consumption policy, schedule and notice for dApp developers, as listed below.
Gas price adjusted
Gas consumption policy (short term)
- The net difference (750 ston — 25 ston = 725 ston) will be burned by being sent to the burn address 0xdead.
- Flared gas charges will be publicly announced via Medium on a regular basis
* The short-term policy remains in place until a new gas consumption mechanism is introduced.
- April 3 (block number 87091200)
- To ensure stable gas price adjustment, Cypress update will be performed after the launch of Klaytn v.1.8.0.
- The exact time may vary depending on network conditions. We will notice the exact time through our social networks (twitter, discord, telegram, etc.)
Notice to DApp Developers
- DApps should be modified to set gas price to 750 tons instead of 25 tons or use API return value “klay_gasPrice”. Otherwise, the transaction cannot be submitted to the network. An error can occur if the source code includes hard-coded logic related to the price of gas.
- The transaction pool will be emptied when the gas price change is effective on a node.
If you have any questions, please contact the Klaytn team via our Discord or our Klaytn forum